SEO python scraper to extract and analyze data from major search engine serps or text content of any other url. Extract data like title, url, type, text- and richsnippet of searchresults for given keywords. detect ads, automated screenshots. It might be usefull for SEO and research tasks.
Extract these result types¶
- ads_main - advertisements within regular search results
- image - result from image search
- news - news teaser within regular search results
- results - standard search result
- shopping - shopping teaser within regular search results
For each result of a resultspage get¶
- rich snippet
- site links
- visible url
Also get a screenshot of each result page. You can also scrape the text content of each result url. It is also possible to save the results as CSV for future analytics. If required you can also use your own proxylist.
- Result Data
- Example Usage
- Additional Ressources
- SerpScrap should work on Linux, Windows and Mac OS with installed Python >= 3.4
- SerpScrap requieres lxml
- Doesn’t work on iOS
Notes about major changes between releases
- Chrome headless is now the default browser, usage of phantomJS is deprecated
- chromedriver is installed on the first run (tested on Linux and Windows. Mac OS should also work)
- behavior of scraping raw text contents from serp urls, and of course given urls, has changed
- run scraping of serp results and contents at once
- csv output format changed, now it’s tab separated and quoted
- support for headless chrome, adjusted default time between scrapes
- result types added (news, shopping, image)
- Image search is supported
- text processing tools removed.
- less requirements
SerpScrap is using Chrome headless  and lxml  to scrape serp results. For raw text contents of fetched URL’s, it is using beautifulsoup4  . SerpScrap also supports PhantomJs  ,which is deprecated, a scriptable headless WebKit, which is installed automaticly on the first run (Linux, Windows). The scrapcore was based on GoogleScraper  , an outdated project, and has many changes and improvements.